Alden Courts of Shorewood offers services that are HIPAA-compliant and technology-based to ensure accuracy, efficiency and provide state-of-the-art care.
Electronic Medical Records
- Our PointClickCare© customized records system helps set us apart by establishing best practices in patient care and ensuring we are successful in achieving our quality of care goals.
- Physicians, nurses and other members of the care team have ready access to residents’ pertinent medical information in a safe and secure manner.
- Streamlines the delivery of care.
- Improves communication among all members of the care team.
- Security cameras are used 24/7 in common areas to ensure resident safety.
- Secured doors and outdoor patios provide opportunities for residents to explore in a safe and secure setting.
- An advanced call light system allows staff to quickly and efficiently meet our residents’ needs.
- Our swallow program utilizes innovative technology to prevent or slow down the deterioration and difficulties of swallowing to improve quality of life.
- Alden’s cognitive therapy program uses computerized brain athletics to stimulate cognition and potentially slow down cognitive deficits.
- Use of intergenerational programming utilizing lifelike infant dolls – even some that breathe, coo and have a heartbeat – to allow the continuation of unconditional love and nurturance.
- Implementation, as part of our animal therapy, of stuffed kittens and puppies with built-in sensors that respond to light and touch that mimic sounds and movements of a real kitten and puppy. This also includes Vibra Purr™ and Bark Back™ technology, so your loved one can enjoy the purr or playful bark of a lifelike pet.