Alden Courts of Shorewood offers services that are HIPAA-compliant and technology-based to ensure accuracy, efficiency and provide state-of-the-art care.
Electronic Medical Records
- Our PointClickCare© customized records system helps set us apart by establishing best practices in patient care and ensuring we are successful in achieving our quality of care goals
- Physicians, nurses and other members of the caregiving team have ready access to residents’ pertinent medical information in a safe and secure manner
- Streamlines the delivery of care
- Improves communication among all members of the care team
- Security cameras are used 24/7 in common areas to ensure resident safety
- Secured doors and outdoor patios provide opportunities for residents to explore in a safe and secure setting
- An advanced call light system allows staff to quickly and efficiently meet our residents’ needs
- Our Swallow Program utilizes innovative technology to prevent or slow down the deterioration and difficulties of swallowing to improve quality of life.
- Alden’s Cognitive Therapeutic Program uses computerized brain athletics to stimulate cognition and potentially slow down cognitive deficits.
- Use of intergenerational programming utilizing lifelike infant dolls, even some that breathe, coo and have a heartbeat, to allow the continuation of unconditional love and nurturance.
- Implementation, as part of our Animal Therapy, of stuffed kittens and puppies with built-in sensors that respond to light and touch that mimic sounds and movements of a real kitten and puppy; also includes Vibra Purr™ and Bark Back™ technology so your loved one can enjoy the purr or playful bark of a lifelike pet.